GTGA CLUB RULES:
- Arrival Time: All Players and Guests must be present on tournament day at the course and ready to tee off no later than 15 Minutes prior to our tee time. That’s 7:45am for an 8am Shotgun.
- Penalty: Disqualification and you owe the green fee for you and/or your guest.
- No Show: If a Player of Guest is not going to be able to make it to a tournament, they must inform the tournament staff no less than 12 hours prior to our tee
- Penalty: The Player or Guest owes the Green Fee, payable to the club, before he can play in another event. All Members are responsible to pay for their Guests if a No Show occurs and also cannot compete until it is payed to the club.
- 1 New Member or 3 Guests Per Year: All Returning GTGA Members under 60 years of age MUST bring either: 1 New Member to the club or a total of 3 Guests to various Tournaments per Does not apply to new members in their first calendar year with the club. Penalty: $50 owed to the club on renewal.
- 4 Blind Draw Pairing Events Per Year: In an effort to promote comradery, four events each year will be blind pairings. With the exception of bringing a Guest (which you will always play with) you will draw your group when you arrive at the
Blind Pairing Events
- 2 Match Play Events Per Year: There will be 2 seperate Match Play Tournaments each year that occur during our regular tournaments. The goal being an even bracket format of either 16 or 32 players per event. During our regular tournament you will alos be in a match. The Matches are Net Match Play and are blind draw, you will draw your match upon arrival at the first event of each Match Play Tournament. This will put you into a bracket, each win you will advance to the next month. See Match Play Rules section for more
▪ Match Play Start Dates = February Event – July Event
- Juniors: Juniors 12 – 17 years old are welcome to join the GTGA as a member or play as a guest in any of our events, as long as they can play, play by the rules, and keep pace with the group. Amatuer Status rules say that they can’t win money, but they can win pro shop script. So if any Junior wins anything they will be given script to the pro
- Daughters: Essentially, the GTGA is a Men’s Golf Club, with the exception of able playing daughters of members who want to compete and can keep pace with the group may join the club or play as a
- Guest Policy: All guests are welcome to play in our skins games only as long as they have an ACTIVE handicap (ghin, grint, etc) and can show the tournament director prior to teeing off in an event. Guests are welcome to play with us up to 3 times before we ask that they join the club as a full Guests will play with their Sponsors (if they have one) for the first two events then are subject to mixed groupings.
- New Members: New members (with a sponsor) will play with the sponor for the first two tournaments after which they will be paired accordignly and subject to mixed groupings. Non sponsored new members will be grouped
- Club Championship (ties and riders): Club Championship ties after DAY ONE will be carded off in accordance with our regular practices (starting at hcp 1 and moving up until there is a winner) thus determining day two foursomes. DAY TWO and overall ties for Net or Gross Club Champion ONLY will result in sudden death play off beginning on hole 10 then 18 and in that order until a winner is determined. All other ties will be carded off accordingly. No outside “non particiapant riders” will be allowed at the Club
- Scorecards: Keep two cards per group and cross check them after the round. Please designate two “scorers” at the beginning of the round. For each group turn in One Official Scorecard after the round, before you go to your All cards must be legable, totaled up along with the Putt Totals for each player, and turned in within the time limit to be counted. Putt totals that aren’t totaled up will not be entered.
GENERAL PLAYING RULES:
- Distance measuring devices: GPS and/or range finding devices WITHOUT SLOPE may be used in all GTGA
- Local Rules: Each course may have local rules that are exceptions to USGA Rules. Be sure to check your scorecard before each
- Summer Rules: will be in effect for all GTGA tournaments unless posted otherwise at the course or modified at the discretion of the Tournament
- Winter Rules: (if in effect): Through the green, a ball may be lifted, cleaned, and placed up to 6 inches from its original position, no closer to the hole. Winter Rules may not be used if your ball is within 36 inches of a tree, shrub, hazard, OB marker, etc., or if it is in a hazard or
- No Gimmes: In all tournaments where you play your own ball you must putt out on every hole. Even during team match/medal competitions, you are still competing for individual honey pot and club low net payouts.
- Water Hazard: If you hit into a water hazard (marked by yellow stakes) – 1) play the ball as it lies (no penalty). You cannot ground your club in a hazard. 2) hit again from where you hit the original shot. 3) drop a ball anywhere backwards on the extension of a line from the flagstick and the point where your ball first crossed the hazard. In addition to the above, for a lateral water hazard only (marked by red stakes) 4) drop 2 club lengths from point of entry, no closer to the hole. One stroke penalty for options 2, 3, and
- Out of bounds: (marked by white stakes). The inside edge of the OB marker closest to the fairway at ground level is the Look from one marker to the next. If any part of the ball is in bounds, then the ball is in bounds. You cannot move an OB marker or get relief from the OB post/fence.
- Provisional ball: if you think your ball might be out of bounds or lost then you should hit a provisional ball (add one stroke penalty). You must declare this as a provisional ball to the other players, otherwise you have just put your second ball into play and given up the option to play your original ball if found.
- Unplayable lie: 1) drop a ball within 2 club lengths, no closer to the hole. 2) extend a line between the flagstick and the spot where the ball lies and drop anywhere backwards on that 3) go back to where you hit the original shot. One stoke penalty for all 3 options. If you declare an unplayable lie in a bunker and use option 1 or 2 you must drop in the bunker.
- Free Relief : You may take free relief from an immovable obstruction (cart path, protective fence, etc) if the obstruction interferes with your stance or swing (but not your intended line of flight). Take your stance from either side of the ball (no closer the hole) where there is no interference from the obstruction. The nearest point of relief is where the distance from your original ball position to the relief ball position is the shortest. Drop a ball within 1 club length of your nearest point of relief, no closer to the hole (no penalty). Please note that relief from the obstruction does not entitle you to relief from anything else. Your relief position may be near a bush, tree, OB stake, etc, where you have a restricted swing. In that case it may be advisable to play the ball from its original position instead of taking relief or declare an unplayable lie (see above).
- Ground under repair: drop within one club length of your nearest point of relief that is no closer to hole (no penalty). Not all GUR conditions may be clearly marked. If in doubt about declaring GUR ask another member of your foursome to take a look before proceeding. Use your best judgment as to what is most fair (to you and your fellow competitors).
- Wrong Ball: If you hit the wrong ball go back to where you first played the wrong ball and finish the hole with the correct ball (add a 2 stroke penalty). Any strokes made with the wrong ball do not
- Important: if you feel there has been a rule violation, then you must let the other golfers know immediately. If you are unable to settle the matter, write down both scores (with and without penalty) and bring the rules question to the Tournament Refer to the USGA Rules of Golf for any other rules information, click the link below;
MATCH PLAY RULES:
- MATCH PLAY BUY IN: $20 MEMBERS ONLY
- Matches: All Round One matches will be determined prior to each round upon arrival to tournament where players will pick their opponents from a hat. This will put them in a bracket and determine their opponents for the rest of the match
- Match Play: Match Play is a format of play that is scored in a hole-by-hole The side that holes its ball in less strokes than its opponent wins that particular hole. In a handicap competition, the side with the lowest net score wins the hole.
- Net Score: Your net score on a hole is your score minus your handicap. For example; if you are a 10 handicap you get an extra shot on the 10 hardest handicapped holes on the
- Winning:The side who has won the most holes wins the match. When a side is winning by more holes than there are holes re- maining, the match is won. A match can be won before all 18 holes are For example, if you win the first 10 holes, you’ve won the match because there are only 8 holes left to play.
- NO CONCEDING HOLES: Play everything out in accordance to the our regular No gimmies, or hole conceding, hole every ball out.
- Scoring: Keep Match Play score on separate card provided and turn in after the round with 2 signatures.
- Ties: Ties will be broken by a sudden death play off starting on hole 1 then playing hole 2 then 3 and so on in that order until there is a
- Can’t Make It: If for any reason a player cannot make it to a match they can schedule a “make up” match with their opponant. The player who has to reschedule must make a tee time for the two
- Advancing: Winners will play their next match according to the tournament bracket at the next month’s
- Bye Rounds: In the event that there is an uneven amount of Match Players, there will be bye rounds. Players will pick their matches out of a hat prior to each round, including a If a bye is drawn that player automatically advances to the next round.
- Match Play Finals: The Championship Match will take place between the last two competitors and our Conciliation Match will take place for third and fourth
- Awards: Each participant will receive 25 Cup Points for participating in the Match
- Number of Players – 16 * $20 = $325 Total Pot / 32 * $20 = $650 Total Pot (club adds money)
- 1st Place – $150.00 / $300.00 – 250 Cup Points
- 2nd Place – $100.00 / $200.00 – 150 Cup Points
- 3rd Place – $50.00 / $100.00 – 100 Cup Points
- 4th Place – $25.00 / $50.00 – 50 Cup Points
- Number of Players – 16 * $20 = $325 Total Pot / 32 * $20 = $650 Total Pot (club adds money)
Match Play Terms:
- Status of a Match: The status of a match is expressed Match play scoring does not indicate the number of holes won by a player, but rather how many more holes than his opponent a golfer has won. “Up” indicates that a side is winning by a number of holes and “down” indicates that a side is losing by a number of holes.
- Halved Hole: A halved hole is a hole where opponents score the same on a specific The opponents are said to have “halved” the hole and the status of the match remains the same.
- Dormie: A match is said to be dormie when a side has won as many holes as the number of holes remaining to be played, i.e. 3 up with 3 to play. The worst the leading team can do at this point is tie (by losing all the remaining holes).
- All Square: A scoring term that indicates a match that is
GTGA TOURNAMENT FORMAT, RULES, & PAYOUTS:
FORMAT and RULES:
- Individual Stroke Play – Net and Gross Scoring: USGA rules govern all play unless a local rule is If you’re not sure about a rule, play 2 balls, record 2 scores for that hole and we’ll make the ruling after the round.
- Flights and Tees : Flights are determined by a players current GROSS handicap. Maximum handicap is 30. You must play from the tees which you are handicapped to Players who are 70 Years Of Age and older may choose to Tee It Forward one set of tees from which he is assigned. Typically as followed (unless otherwise notified)
A FLIGHT – (HCP 8 & BELOW) – PLAYS FROM THE BLUE TEES B FLIGHT (HCP 9 – 17) – PLAYS FROM THE BLUE TEES
C FLIGHT (HCP 18 – 30) – PLAYS FROM THE WHITE TEES
- NO GIMMIES All puts must be holed out and recorded for LOW PUTTER
- Player Conduct : Be courteous to other players in your group. You must play ready golf, be ready to play when it’s your turn. If you have a speaker and want to play music quietly, please check with all of your playing partners to be sure that they don’t mind
- TIME LIMIT: With the exception of a , “Special Circumstance” (determined by the tournament director) All scorecards must turned in to The Scorer within 5 ½ hours from our tee time to be counted. If not your card will be deemed invalid and all players will be disqualified.
- TIES: All ties will be carded off starting with the #1 handicap hole and moving up from there until a winner has been
- NO OUTSIDE HELP: During our events, you cannot give help to a fellow Ie; swing advise or playing advise of any kind, club used, or reading putts. *DISTANCE and HOLE LAYOUT advise are ALLOWED.
- PAYOUTS: All moneys received by the club are paid out at the tournament. The club does not profit.
- TOURNAMENT BUY IN: $20 FOR MEMBERS ONLY
AWARDS: ALL FLIGHTS PER FLIGHT
- 1ST AND 2ND GROSS AND NET – LONGEST DRIVE – CLOSEST TO THE PIN – LOW PUTTER
▪ PAYOUTS: ALL FLIGHTS % OF TOTAL POT PER FLIGHT
- 1ST GROSS – 20% Determined 1st
- 2ND GROSS – 15% Determined 3rd
- 1ST NET – 20% Determined 2nd
- 2ND NET – 15% Determined 4th
- LONG DRIVE – 10%
- CLOSEST TO THE PIN – 10%
- LOW PUTTER – 10%
- SKINS GAME BUY IN: $20 MEMBERS AND GUESTS (must have valid handicap ie; GHIN, Grint, )
- NET SKINS PER FLIGHT
- TOTAL PLAYER AND AMOUNT PER FLIGHT DETERMINES THE POT PER FLIGHT
- NUMBER OF SKINS DEVIDED BY TOTAL AMOUNT DETERMINES EACH SKIN VALUE
- THE GOOD TIME CUP: MEMBERS ONLY
▪ POINTS: PER FLIGHT
- 1ST GROSS / NET – 100
- 2ND GROSS / NET – 75
- 3RD GROSS / NET – 50
- 4TH GROSS / NET – 25
- PARTICIPATION – 25
- CONTEST HOLES – 25
- LOW PUTTER – 25
- SKINS – 25 EACH
- TOP 8 CUP POINT TOTALS FOR THE YEAR COMBINED WILL GIVE YOU YOUR YEAR END
- 4 MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS EACH YEAR WHICH ARE WORTH DOUBLE CUP
- WINNER HOLDSTHE CUP FOR A YEAR, GETS HIS NAME ON IT AND GETS NEXT YEARS DUES PAID PLUS $500.00.